Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween















This was the first year Shae decided to be something creepy instead of something pretty for her costume. And looking at these pictures, I think she ended up looking really creepy, like maybe too creepy...














































Shae's wearing my actual wedding veil, along with an old negligee of my mother's, and a bouquet of dried roses and black thorns.

Maira opted for the pretty type of costume and dressed up as a fairy:































































I got the idea for her tutu from a tutorial on Grosgrain

And Connor wavered between being a bank robber or a knight - Jess and I persuaded him to be a good guy instead of a bad guy. As long as he got to carry a weapon, he was good with that.














































I had fun playing with my new set of craft glitter to paint the dragon on the back of his cape:















The kids had fun trick-or-treating (of course) although Maira decided she was done after about half an hour because she didn't want to wait another minute to sit down and start eating all her candy. So she came home early and her bag is a lot lighter than Shae and Connor's.














Here's a picture of our neighbour's front yard without the snow and with all the decorations in place.














A couple weeks ago, their yard was vandalized and someone stole all their tombstones. Although they were upset, I love that they decided to make new even funnier tombstones. Here's Connor having a sword fight with the dad/zombie who lives in there...























And finally, here's the black light alley that one neighbour created in their front walkway with some appliance boxes, and a bunch of glow in the dark paint:














4 comments:

Mary-Rose said...

LOVE the pictures and the costumes and of course, the kids! I haev ordered Pinkalicious and Purplicious for Maira-- we'll see if they come. But maybe we don't want to feed her addiction any more! Hugs to all of you! can't wait to see you next week!

Bethany said...

These are darling! All their costumes look fantastic. Did you do anything for little Hudson?

Heather said...

No, Hudson didn't have a costume this year. I toyed with the idea of making him look like Connor's page/sidekick, but I just ran out of time and energy.

Backwoods Browns said...

I love the poses! So cute!