Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas



So, our computer broke down after my last post and my iPod broke the same week so I was going through a bit of internet withdrawal for a while there but happily, we our now back online (with 3 new computers to replace the one that broke - long story). And so I can finally update my blog!

We had a really really nice Christmas at home and here are a few of my favourite pictures.

First, trimming the tree:
Hudson helping with the lights
The younger three each took turns putting the star on at the end:
I think Jess left the lens open on this shot to make the light streak like this:
And this one just because it was taken during the month of December and it's cute: it's Hudson playing in a couch fort that Jess built for him.

Now these pictures are from Shae and Connor's school Christmas concert. Connor's kindergarten class went up on stage first and sang a couple of cute songs:
Then after all the songs were done, the grade 6 classes performed a musical called "The Christmas Chronicles". Shae tried out for the role of the fashion/food reporter at the newspaper and she was thrilled to get the part. The play told the story of a newspaper called "The Bethlehem Chronicle" that is threatened with closure unless they get a big story and of course, one of the reporters moonlights as a shepherd to make extra money and he sees the angels and goes to Bethlehem so this big "scoop" saves the paper. It was a very Christ-oriented play which surprised me in our politically correct times. The whole play was great, the kids all did a great job (especially Shae, of course!). Here are a few pictures but when I have time, I'm going to put up the video of the play, Jess recorded the whole thing.

And finally, here are some pictures of the kiddos on Christmas Eve (telling the story of the nativity with some of our nativity scenes) and on Christmas morning.

2 comments:

Mary-Rose said...

Glad to see the update! Darling pictures, as usual-- of the sweetest kids in Canada!

Zenamamma said...

Great pictures!! What a good idea to use the nativity sets to act out the story- we dress up and sometimes I wonder about how irreverent it gets!?!