Sunday, January 24, 2010

We've had some birthdays around here...

First, right after Christmas, my little baby Hudson turned one. Here is a series of pictures Jess took of Hudson enjoying his birthday cake:

Hudson was surrounded by a crowd of siblings and cousins while he unwrapped his presents but he really wasn't interested in his presents, he just wanted to play with the balloons.


And here are a couple of non-birthday pictures of Shae, Connor and Maira pretending that Maira is a queen, Connor a king and Shae is their very hardworking servant:

And now, here are some pictures from Maira's birthday. She turned 3 on January 19th. She loves princesses and Barbies right now so I decided to surprise her with a Barbie princess cake.

I think she liked the cake but her immediate response was "what's my Barbie doll doing inside that cake???" And then, "hey, you got my Barbie doll all messy and sticky!" She was much happier with the cake once I gave her back her Barbie!

Here she is wearing one of her presents from her Grandma, a Ukrainian shumka dancer headpiece.


She had a good birthday and she's absolutely thrilled to be 3 because I've been telling her for months that she can't go to school like Connor and Shae until she's 3. Luckily, the local playschool has an opening in their 3-year old class starting next week so now she only has 7 more sleeps until she gets to go to school too, she's so excited.

Finally, here's Maira's new quilt that I sewed for her. My aunt Karen did the quilting and she even quilted Maira's name on one of the blocks, if you look closely you can see that it says "Maira Rose". Now I just have to finish Connor and Hudson's quilts...there just aren't enough hours in the day, I tell you!



2 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

Okay let me remember everything I just saw :) Love the Birthday cakes, Love the reaction about the Barbie doll! So funny! Love the quilts and YES, I can't agree with you more on not enough time!! Looks like you've had quite busy, yet fun times!

Bethany said...

Adorable! Like every time I check your blog, I can't believe your kids are growing up so fast; and they just keep getting cuter! I loved all the pictures. The one of them all playing together gives me hope for my kids who haven't been playing well lately. Hope you're doing well!