Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to School They Go...


My baby, all set for her first day at Junior High...

And C, less excited than he looks, heading off to Grade 1. Out of the two different grade 1 teachers he could have been assigned to, he got the better one so I'm hoping that helps him enjoy this year of school better than his last one.

One of our start-of-the-year traditions: the kids will come home to a classic snack of warm chocolate chip cookies and milk.


M will start another year of playschool next week, and that day can't come fast enough for her, she doesn't like being left out one bit.

Yesterday, I spent the last day of summer in the dentist's office getting my first ever and hopefully last ever root canal. While I was gone, H got into the cereal cupboard and had fun playing with the puffed wheat:

I can't believe the summer is over already, that went by way too fast, we didn't fit everything in that I wanted to do. The passing time reminds me to enjoy every day as it comes and take nothing for granted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...shae looks super ready to go to school...bet she was excited!

I love the video on the other post as well....poor little maria looked startled...but whoever was talking was right...she is a little mermaide :)

Mary-Rose said...

Loved the messy play! No wonder he's so smart with all that sensory learning!!! Hope you're feeling better soon after that nasty root canal--what a miserable experience!
Hugs!

Zenamamma said...

So after all that pain, you had to get a root canal- Yuck! I a glad that you were able to finally get some relief! The cereal looked fun to play with! Did the dog help eat it up?!
Our kids start school in two days, we will see who is excited and who is not! (I already know that Ron is not!)