Well, my sweet baby Shae, is now 13 years old, it's hard to believe how time flies. I couldn't be prouder of the young woman she is, it's truly a privilege to be her mother.
She's a busy girl these days, with all the homework that goes with being a straight A student in grade 8, 3-4 hour long practices for her school cheer team twice a week, Young Women's every Tuesday, and the occasional babysitting.
To celebrate her birthday, she invited a few friends to go swimming with her and then I took them out to DQ for treats. We also had a small family celebration on her actual birthday plus, a few days later, we had a family dinner with Grandma, Jill & Steve, and their 5 kids (3 of their own plus 2 foster kids).
This is the card Connor made for Shae. I told him to think of something nice to write in her card. Here's a translation of what it says in the "I love you box":
I love your piano skills. I love you. I love you even when you're annoying.
Aren't brothers sweet?
There aren't any big milestones that go along with turning 13 for her (she's dying to turn 14 so she can get a learner's permit and start driving - yikes!), except that Jess said that when she was 13, she could finally get a Facebook account. That's been pretty fun for her but he insisted on taking several weeks to set it up so he could "lock it down" by making sure all the privacy settings were at their most secure. He's not overprotective at all! Can't wait until she turns 16 and wants to start dating...
3 comments:
WOW! She is so lovely...and so was that cake!
Prepare me Heather. My eldest turns 11 yrs old next month!
Sorry, I have no help for you, it's all new to me! All I can say is good luck! We can do it!
So fun to see your posts! I can't believe how grown up Shae is! And Hudson is 3. Holy cow! Loved looking at all your pictures! Technology is awesome :).
Post a Comment