I often say that there are 3 activities I think it's important for my children to learn how to do. Not that they need to excel in these things, just be able to do them: swimming, skiing and skating. When they were about 4 or 5, I put Connor and Shae in skating lessons and they both learned how to skate without falling down. It's not that I want them to be figure skaters or hockey players, I just want them to be able to skate. So now that Maira's 5, I registered her for skating lessons as well. She was very reluctant, she's only been skating a couple of times and she remembered a lot of falling. But I insisted and I was delighted that within the first 5 minutes of her first lesson, she was having a fabulous time. Not that she didn't fall but the first thing they teach you is how to get up once you fall and the teacher was really nice and they played some fun games and she actually got the hang of it really easily. Now she loves going to skating, it's the highlight of her week!



No comments:
Post a Comment