Jess has spent almost as much time in Victoria these past few months as he has in Edmonton so we decided that one of these times, I would go with him as a little getaway for the two of us. (Thanks Mom for watching the kids!)
We stayed in a great hotel in downtown Victoria, at at yummy restaurants, did a little shopping and exploring and had a lovely time.
The houses are beautiful and there are SO MANY flowers! Everywhere, there are these giant tropical looking blooms - it looks like it may be a requirement to be into gardening in order to own a home in Victoria.
I really love being by the ocean, I really really love it. If I could pick anywhere in the world to live, it would definitely be right beside the ocean. We visited a few beaches (though it was WAY to cold to even think about going in) but I was happy as could be reading and knitting in the driftwood, a few feet from the surf. Awesome way to spend a morning.
I also enjoyed visiting a yarn shop while we were there - if we'd had more time, I would have tried to visit all of them but Jess was understandably only willing to spend so much of our time shopping for yarn.
We rented bikes for the day and saw a lot of downtown Victoria that way, which was absolutely perfect. We mostly just biked around and stopped when we saw something interesting.
We had delicious fish n' chips on Fisherman's Wharf (very touristy but the fish was as fresh as could be - and as expensive as could be!)
There are seals at Fisherman's Wharf who are so tame, they wait around by the docks waiting for people to feed them.
We had a great time, Victoria is as beautiful as I expected, I can't wait to go back!
3 comments:
When were you in Victoria? We were just in Vancouver. Ben's parents live close to the border, and we were visiting them this last week. It sounds like a super-fun weekend! Glad you enjoyed it!
Oh, that's funny! We were there the first weekend in June.
I've never wanted to go to Victoria, but this looks intriguing. Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment