Friday, September 28, 2012

My Little Storekeepers


A few days ago, Hudson decided he wanted to set up a store on our front lawn.  I suggested he wait until after school when there would be more people around but he insisted he wanted to make a store NOW.  When Maira got home from kindergarten, she thought that sounded like a fun idea so together, they set up a store on our front lawn. They asked me what they could sell.  I gave Hudson a bag of about a dozen red lollipops and I gave Maira a ziploc bag of large marshmallows. 



They decided their price point would be $3 per item.


They made a sign to advertise their store.  Then they sat in front of the sign and waited for customers.
Jess and I were their only customers (our street is really quiet in the afternoon when most people are either at school or at work).

It was a hot day so Jess brought them an umbrella and he also added a cardboard store front to their setup.



After about 2 hours, Hudson came inside.  I asked if he was done with his store and he said yes, his store was all done because he and Maira had eaten all the lollipops and all the marshmallows.  Kind of hard to run a store when you've eaten all your inventory!


1 comment:

Mary-Rose said...

Ron and I both laughed out loud at that!!