Maira turned 8 in January - she's growing up so fast, I just wish she would stop! We had fun celebrating her in our family and in our life. She was excited to go rock climbing with some friends so that's what we did for her birthday party. It turned out that her Uncle David and Aunt Laura were in town that week so they joined us at the rock climbing gym.
Just like for Hudson's birthday, Shae and I collaborated on the cake and built a miniature Maira climbing up a mountain:
On the night of her actual birthday, we had a family dinner. It's getting harder and harder to fit everyone at the table!
She doesn't care for regular cake so I made her a s'mores ice cream cake. Here I am sticking it in the oven for a couple minutes to brown the marshmallows:
She started Learn-to-Figure Skate lessons this month and is absolutely loving it.
She also got baptized in February. Which called for another family gathering - yay!
Here's a picture of me very pregnant with Maira in front of the very same door at Shae's baptism:
And Shae wearing the same dress after her baptism that Maira wore after hers:
Now, back to the present:
We love you so much Maira!

.jpg)
2 comments:
We really enjoyed being there for Maira's baptism. She's growing up waaaay too fast! Thanks for the good food and great company! XO
she's so beautiful! Great pictures. Funny how the shae baptism one is how I remember your family. :)
Post a Comment