Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween 2015

I present to you:


Maira as Robin


Hudson as a robot


Connor as a volcano.


Oh no, he's going to explode!


Shae as Little Red Riding Hood.


After an encounter with the wolf. 


She did two costumes this year. For school, she made herself this costume as Harley Quinn, a comic book villain.

I was able to watch Maira and Hudson's school parade and take some pictures and videos.


This is Maira's class:


And this is Hudson's:


There were a lot of superheroes so when I saw that one of Maira's friends had dressed up as Batman, I made her pose for a picture with him even though neither of them was too excited ("Mom, you're SO embarrassing!")


This isn't a great photo but poor Hudson had to sit at his desk for about half an hour in his robot costume before the parade started and he was so uncomfortable and awkward but he loved his costume so he was very patient while he waited for the parade to begin.





You may recognize Hudson's robot costume from the past two years when Connor wore it. I just took off the stickers on the front that said "Con-nor" and changed it to "Hud-son". He was so excited to be able to shine the laser pointers at stuff. If you look at the smoke in the photo above, the red lines are his laser pointers.


Our neighbours two doors down go all out with their lawn decorations. We live on a nice cul-de-sac and their enthusiasm for Halloween will be one thing we will miss when we move. We have put our house up for sale because we are buying a house in a different neighbourhood. Still on the west end of Edmonton but just closer to the kids' schools and to the river valley. So some big changes ahead!

Update: We were so lucky to get an offer a week after we put our house up for sale and it was really close to our asking price so this is really happening - we get possession of our new house on December 11th and we have to be out of our old house by January 14th. So yes, we are moving over Christmas. CRAZY. I love so many things about our new house but I will miss our beautiful new quartz countertops and maple floors that we just put in 6 months ago but I will especially miss the memories of raising a family in this house over the past ten years. Maira and Hudson were born in this house and Connor and Shae were one and six when we moved here so they've all grown up so much here. It's really hard to say good-bye.