Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Hudson's 7th Birthday

Hudson turned 7 four days before we moved. We still piled balloons on his bed after he fell asleep the night before his birthday and I shed a few tears at the inevitability of my baby growing one year older, just like I do every year.


He loves the Star Wars movies (his father has made sure of that) so he decided he'd love to go see the Force Awakens with the family for his birthday. It had come out a couple weeks before his birthday so it was actually hard for him and Connor to wait that long (and Jess actually didn't make it and went and watched it on his own the week before and then watched it again on Hudson's birthday). 

I took Hudson to Build-A-Bear right after he saw the movie and this is the bear he picked out:



It has been christened "Darth Hudson" and its light saber makes the appropriate light saber sounds and lights up and everything. Hudson was very pleased.

That evening, we picked up an apple pie at Costco since Hudson doesn't care for cake and had a family birthday dinner in Spruce Grove.




A couple weeks later, once we were moved into our new house, we had a birthday party with his friends. He asked for a Minecraft themed party. I bought a few decorations and made some Creeper cupcakes and planned a couple of Minecraft type games but I think the biggest hit of the night was when Jess gave them each a flashlight, bundled them all up in their winter coats and sent them out to the backyard in the dark to explore the treehouse. They armed themselves with branches and brooms and were very brave even after they found certain proof that the treehouse was inhabited by vampires.








No comments: