Well, some of my plants are doing really great and others...not so much. I think I must have transplanted some of my seedlings into my hothouse too soon because 3 of them died almost immediately. I guess they were just too small to take the change in temperature.

The two bigger transplants (I'm still not sure if they're pumpkin or cucumber - I really should have labelled them!) are thriving and I planted some new seeds beside the dead seedlings just for the heck of it so we'll see if I can get anything from them before the frost hits in September.

But my peas are doing really awesome, I'm so excited! Every single year that I plant a garden, I always always plant peas. They are my very favourite vegetable to eat fresh from the garden, probably because of childhood memories I have of picking bowlfuls of peas from my great aunt's garden on Seal Island, Nova Scotia, and sitting on her porch, shelling peas and feeding the shells to the sheep and eating the delicious fresh peas. BUT, I have never had any success with them. This is frustrating because they seem like they'd be such an easy plant to grow but they usually grow a foot or two and then wither and die and maybe produce a few anemic peapods. But this year, they just shot up and they're showing no sign of slowing down.

They seem to grow a few inches a day! I'm not going to get bowlfuls of peas but maybe if I figure out how to grow them successfully, I'll plant more next year...
2 comments:
That looks wonderful Heather!...All that green is Beautiful!
Oh... you are making so excited about my own veggie patch!
Are you enjoying the warmer weather?
Its right into winter here and I do miss the sun. I think I am becoming more of a spring person :)
Thanks for the website. I had checked that one out before and I love it! I really want to make one too!I got in too late to do the eye spy swap...maybe next time.
Too bad those plants died so fast. It'll be fun to see what comes up! I failed at planting this year.:( oh well, maybe next year!
Post a Comment