
I signed up for my first I-Spy Swap this weekend at Obsessively Stitching - this is a new concept to me and I think it's a fabulous idea. I made an I-Spy quilt about 6 or 7 years ago and it was really really hard to gather enough fabrics, each one different and with some kind of picture on it, to put together a fairly small quilt. I think I came up with about 75 different squares and felt happy with that. Well, by entering this swap, all I have to do is buy 0.2 metres of 10 different fabrics (2 metres total), cut them up into 20 4" squares of each fabric, mail them off and then I'll receive 200 different squares back. TWO HUNDRED different squares! I'm so excited to see what I get back.
And yes, I do realize that I already have an I-Spy quilt, as Jess has already reminded me. But that's not the point.
5 comments:
Your children's grandma could always use the old "I Spy" quilt for her grandkids! Sounds like a fascinating idea--kind of like a chain letter! Hope it works!
It is sort of like a chain letter but you don't mail it to one person in the list like a chain letter. The person in charge receives everyone's squares then she divides them up and mails them back. So one person not participating doesn't ruin it for everyone else.
Oh MY!! I just saw that quilt the other day on a site and I was so excited to make one, but then I kept think "How in the world do I get enough different squares?" Well THANK YOU HEATHER!! You must have known how bad I needed an answer to that ? !! I am so excited to get on that!!
Well that's great Eleasha!! - a word of caution though: this is the 4th I-spy swap I've seen but this is the first time I got my name in fast enough to join. The ones I've seen have been really popular, they only take a few hours to fill up. But maybe if you google for it you might find one that's currently open. Or, another idea is Caroline, the lady who's running the swap I'm doing, had a reader last week who missed out on the last swap so she decided to start her own and Caroline posted a link to the reader's swap and so even though the reader didn't have a lot of readers herself, Caroline's readers helped fill up the swap spots really quickly. So you could try that (if you do, let me know, I'd sign up! I'd like to make at least 2 i-Spy quilts, I've thought of some good uses for them).
Can you post a picture of your old I-Spy quilt? i would love to see it!! The swap sounds like a great idea!!
Post a Comment