So, the grout in our ensuite bathroom has always had mould issues. But we've been putting off redoing the tile until later. And then last week, Jess decided to pull back a couple of tiles to see how much water was getting in behind them. And then he pulled off a couple more. And then a couple more.

And sure enough, the drywall had turned to black mouldy mush and the insulation wasn't looking too good either. So then, instead of taping over the hole and phoning a bathroom renovation company, he decided to go and buy a ventilation mask, put on some goggles and a head to toe haz mat suit (I wish I'd snapped a picture of his outfit but sadly I didn't), and finish pulling off all the tiles. So now our bathroom looks like this:

And it's going to be at least a month until it's fixed. But at least I'll finally get that bathroom reno I've been wanting!
2 comments:
That stinks! I hate mold/ mildew muck! It'll be so nice to get rid of it all. Better for your health too. Not bad getting a bathroom makeover! That'll be GREAT, especially since you've been wanting it.
Wow! We have a few 1/2-finished projects right now ourselves, but none as important as the bathroom. It makes me wonder what is in our walls. Good luck with the bathroom reno. You'll have to post pics when it's all done.
Post a Comment