Friday, February 4, 2011

My Favourite Smoothie


Two posts in one week, crazy, I know. I just wanted to share my new favourite recipe. This is a protein packed smoothie that I like to make for a post-workout lunch. It's pretty high calorie for a smoothie (I think it's close to 500 calories) but it's full of protein so it fills you up for a long time and it's really healthy: they're all good calories, no empty or wasted calories here. PLUS, it's delicious and creamy and I look forward to it, I don't make it out of duty like lots of other healthy/diet foods.

OK, so here it is:

Protein Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

1 cup regular soy milk (but vanilla or chocolate would probably be yummy too)
1 chunk of tofu (maybe 1/4 cup? I don't measure it. And it's optional, it just adds more protein and makes the drink extra creamy and smooth)
1 frozen banana
2 Tbsp of ground flax seeds (again, optional but adds nutrition)
1-2 Tbsp creamy low-fat peanut butter
1 packet of stevia

Blend it up and enjoy.

Also, I just wanted to pass on a fabulous idea I saw on a craft blog for a fun way to display your kids' artwork. I loved it so I copied it and here it is in my kitchen:


I took a piece of baseboard, painted it grey, and then nailed it to the wall. I used lots of nails and then I used rare earth magnets to attach metal binder clips to each nail. Pretty easy, and the kids love it!

No comments: