Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Happenings


I really love fall, even though I still miss the vivid fall colours from Ontario, it's just not the same here where almost all of the trees turn yellow. But it's still really beautiful, especially because it's so fleeting. We didn't really need an updated family photo but we had such beautiful weather in September and the trees were just starting to turn so I dragged everyone down to the river valley and asked Jess to bring his tripod and here are some of the pictures we got.

And while I miss the flaming oranges and reds from Ottawa, I have to admit, the rich golden yellow in the background of these pictures is pretty gorgeous.

And, here are a few outtakes from the same day.

In September, we also got to go and visit our newest little niece/cousin, Brinsley Strickland.

Here's Hudson kissing/eating his cousin:
And then in October, we visited again so we could attend her baby blessing.


One of our fall traditions is to visit the corn maze near our house. This year, they added a giant pillow type trampoline and the kids had lots of fun on that.


This isn't the greatest picture but it shows that we got to go to the corn maze with our wonderful cousins, the Bench family. We sure love having them in Edmonton, we'll miss them when they leave.
Maira will especially miss Amelia.
Here are a couple random pictures of Hudson from the fall. I can't believe how grown up he looks in these pictures, he's definitely not a baby anymore (as he likes to remind me every day now: "I big boy")

And finally, a couple more pictures of my kids out enjoying the beautiful golden leaves of fall.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Beautiful pictures…..and yes I wish there was a bit more than yellow but it is all still so beautiful!!! I LOVE AUTUMN!!!

Brie @ Darling Doodles said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for your sweet words on my blog, I'm glad you are enjoying the site. You have a GORGEOUS family! The fall pictures are so cute!

Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

Jennifer Schindler Yanos said...

Heather, I've never seen anything other than the yellows. But I would love to! One of these days I'll get to Ontario in the fall. I love your pictures!