Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween 2011




The night before Halloween, Jess set up a photo shoot for the kids so we could take our time taking pictures of them in their costumes (and avoid those winter coat stuffed under the costume type photos!) So, here are some pictures of their costumes for this Halloween.

Hudson:

Hudson was happy to dress up in an old dragon costume that I bought a few years ago so I was glad there was no sewing required for this one. And he really liked being a very fierce fire breathing dragon. There are no sound effects with these photos but you can imagine him hissing and roaring as he poses for the camera, making his very fiercest dragon noises.



Maira:

Maira was such a little poser for this photo shoot, she makes me laugh. She decided right from the start that if we were going to take a picture of her as a mermaid, it was absolutely essential that she be sitting on a rock. So, we used a quilt and a foam chair to make a rock for her to pose on and then she took a seat, made sure her feet were tucked under her tail, and started posing away. Too funny.


Connor:

Connor is fascinated with anything military. So it was very important to him that his costume this year involve weapons and armor of some sort. He settled on a Roman legionnaire as his choice and I gladly turned over the costume construction to Jess on this one. And no, he's not going to be bringing that sword with him when he goes trick-or-treating. That sword is Jess's, he just let Connor hold it for the photos!



Shae:

This is her last year going trick-or-treating, and I only reluctantly let her go this year and only because she didn't get to go out last year since Halloween was on a Sunday. She decided she wanted to be Little Red Riding Hood. She picked a costume pattern that was much more involved than I had expected but I managed to finish it in time and she does make quite a pretty Little Red Riding Hood.


8 comments:

Sophia said...

Lovely costumes!

Mary-Rose said...

Thanks for posting these! and thanks to the photographer, too! They all look like they are having fun-- not always the case with a photo shoot! We've been trying to decide which one is our favorite-- pretty much all of them! Love you lots-- hug them all for us!

Zenamamma said...

they all look great!! And kodos to the photographer as well!

Kara said...

so NICE! Why her last year? That's something I'm curious about doing myself….is she 12 soon?

Heather said...

Thanks everone. @Kara, Shae is almost 13 and in grade 8 and in my own opinion, trick or treating should be left to the kids, it's not for teenagers. Plus I don't remember trick or treating after grade 6 and I remember being fine with it. So...that's why this is her last year : )

Kara said...

I think that's a great idea. Imma do it. Thanks for the inspiration, friend!

cc said...

Those are SUPER awesome costumes....i love them all! Great job:)

Jennifer Schindler Yanos said...

They all look amazing Heather! I love the red riding hood and the mermaid. That's a lot of work! glad my kids gave me a year off on the sewing of Halloween costumes! I'm sure I'll be back at it next year!