Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hudson's 3rd Birthday

We were in Raymond for Hudson's third birthday. We went swimming in Lethbridge all together during the day and then we had pizza for supper (one of his favourite foods), and I (along with Shae and Mary-Rose's help) made a train cake for him. He had lots of fun driving a toy car in and out of the cake where I had placed a decorative tunnel. I think he got more cake on his hands than in his mouth but at least he liked it!

It's bittersweet to watch your youngest grow up. He's really not a baby anymore and while it's sad to let go of that phase in our family, I sure do love my kids at any age and I'm so glad I get to be Hudson's mom. Birthdays are a good reminder to me to enjoy every day I have with my kids more fully and to take nothing for granted because time passes far too quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful cake. You are a Champion Heather...have I ever told you that?