Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Winter seems to have come early this year which made for some very cold trick or treating last night.

Shae didn't go trick or treating, instead she spent the night sick in bed.  She did have a pretty awesome costume for school: we coloured her hair bright purple and then she pinned in some multi coloured hair extensions and some blue ears, dressed in blue, and she was Rainbow Dash, one of the My Little Ponies.  But she came home sick at lunch and is still feeling pretty miserable, poor thing.

But the rest of the kids were somewhat healthy and so they got to go out trick or treating and were undeterred by the weather.  Except for some (OK, a lot) of whining about all the layers I insisted on adding under their costumes (Connor: "But I can't move my arms anymore!"  Maira: "But I don't want to wear mittens, they're too big!"), they were excited to hit the streets and collect some candy.

Before they could leave, we gathered them for a picture:


Then after a few shots, I said "OK, pick up your bags, time to go trick or treating".  Check out the pure joy on Maira's face:


See what I mean about a wintery Halloween?


Trick or Treat!


Our four jack-o-lanterns (they were even grown in Grandpa's garden!)



Checking out the loot once they got back: 





Howie even got into the spirit and donned his usual Bat costume and tried very hard not to bark TOO much at all the trick or treaters who came to our door.


No comments: