Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Shae's Birthday

Our sweet little girl Shae is now 14!!!!

We just had a quiet family celebration (as quiet as it can be with 8 kids 8 and under in the house) at home.

She had to undergo painful oral surgery the day before to remove an impacted canine so she wasn't feeling great.  We had soft pasta for supper and an ice cream cake for dessert.

She is growing and maturing every day and I really admire the woman she is becoming.  While she still has her grumpy 14-year old teenager moments (as I clearly remember having plenty of myself), I'm so very proud of her.  She is a kind friend, a talented artist, and she is strongly motivated to do her best at everything, from swimming to cheer to school.  She's a quick learner and responsible, and so funny too!

14 years ago, she made us parents for the first time and I thank God for blessing us with the privilege to love her and parent her, every single day.







1 comment:

Kara said...

She's so beautiful! And I love your new hairdo!