Part way through the party, I had them sit down for a dinner. The menu was especially challenging as we had one guest who was allergic to dairy, another who was celiac AND allergic to peanuts, and a third guest allergic to artificial food colouring. Trying to find a cake that was safe for everyone was the hardest part! (I ended up going with meringues topped with fresh fruit). But I managed and I think everyone went home full and without any allergic reactions. They had a great time although I think everyone's favourite part was when I let them take the balloons down from the ceiling and they had a girls vs. boys contest to see who could pop the most balloons with their feet, ha!
Most of these kids will be going to the same junior high as Maira and it will be fun to watch them as they grow up and go through their teen years together.
No comments:
Post a Comment