Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Couple of Quilts

So, I finally finished Connor's quilt a couple of months ago but I'm a little disappointed with how it turned out. You can't really tell in this photo but the strips in the middle would not line up in a straight line, no matter how much pulling and muttering/mild cursing I did. So, instead of starting over (which I never do), I just sewed it together with crooked lines and a few bunches in the fabric here and there. What was supposed to be a simple quick quilt ended up taking way longer than I thought. Oh well, I learned a few lessons along the way and after a bit of a break from that pattern, I'm ready to go ahead and make a matching quilt for Hudson which will hopefully turn out much better.

Howie's favourite place to sleep is snuggled up close to Connor.
And here's another quilt I just finished (finally - I've been working on it for about 6 months). It's a Yellow Brick Road pattern with a kit of fabrics I bought at Earthly Goods. I really love it, it makes me happy every time I see it. Even Jess likes it (he's never complimented one of my quilts before!), especially because it's long enough to cover his feet when he uses it for a nap on the couch!

And since Hudson was hanging around while I was taking this picture, I thought, what better way to cuten up a shot of my quilt than to add a cute baby?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilt is darling, and the boy is even more darling!!

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Lovely quilts! Try sending me a photo at imogen at bespoke image dot com dot au (in regular email format!) Sometimes if the file size of the photo is too large it won't come through.

Backwoods Browns said...

I Love it! You have inspired me to just go for it and quilt again!I didn't keep up with it as Brad said he didn't ever like them. I am starting on some quilts and I hope Brad likes them though .I have to use simple and plain patterns for him to like them (possibly) Hopefully he likes mine :) He doesn't like "old grandma" fabric that he says apparently most people use or buy(in his eyes) and I don't plan on it since it's not my style. I love the quilts you've done!I think Brad would like Connor's quilt, so simple and beautiful.Might have to do a quilt like that for Sawyer. I love the fabric and design on the one hanging outside too! You've done a great job on all of them!

Heather said...

Thanks! Eleasha, Connor's quilt is from "Last-Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson in case you ever decide to make one for Sawyer. But make sure you let me know so I can tell you all the mistakes NOT to make!

Anonymous said...

hey heather! i found your blog through facebook. holy crafter! i love these quilts; you are amazing! and i didn't even know you have 4 kids now; wow! and i looked through older posts and you are a super awesome knitter and fantastic sewer and make adorable kids and just wow! anyways, good to catch up with you virtually...lol!

Heather said...

Hi Kari-Lynn, thanks for the nice words! It is fun to reconnect - your little girl is so beautiful, you make pretty cute kids too!