Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hudson Turns 4

My little baby boy just keeps getting older and older, darn it!  We invited family over for a dinner celebration on the day he turned 4.  We really need a bigger dining room one of these days, our family gatherings keep getting bigger and bigger!





He requested an ice cream cake for his birthday dinner, and cheesy noodles as the main course.



Here he is waiting and waiting and waiting while I cut up the cake in the kitchen.



Shae finally brings him his piece, along with a sisterly kiss.

















The following week, I invited 7 of Hudson's friends over for a birthday party.  A long time ago, Hudson asked that his birthday party be all about giraffes.  I thought we could take the giraffe idea and expand it to an animal themed party.  So, he got a giraffe cake and then I also hired a local reptile party company to come in and show a variety of reptiles and arachnids to the kids.  Also, we decorated the dining room to look like a jungle.  It was a lot of fun!



Here is a gecko climbing on my dining room door.  The gecko was actually kind of cute.







They demonstrated how scorpions will glow blue if you shine a UV light on them.





Most of the kids took the chance to hold the fat and sedate ball python on their laps.





This is an Australian bearded dragon.  Very spiky feeling.  They put this guy down on the floor and then shone a laser pointer on the floor in front of him and he would follow the laser pointer around, it was pretty funny.  Then he got rewarded with a fat juicy worm each time he did his trick.












The biggest snake was the albino boa constrictor, Sugar.  She was big and very active.







Happy birthday little guy, I sure love you very much.  You are a strong-minded, intelligent, sensitive, expressive and funny little boy, I'm so glad you're ours.






No comments: